Books & Edited Collections
- (with Michelle Levy and Paul Yoder, eds.). Special Issue on Study Abroad in the Lake District and Beyond. Romantic Circles Pedagogy Commons, May 2017.
- A Publisher’s Paradise: Expatriate Literary Culture in Paris, 1890-1960. Amherst: U of Massachusetts P, 2014. http://www.umass.edu/umpress/title/publishers-paradise
- The Traffic in Obscenity from Byron to Beardsley. Palgrave, 2006. http://www.palgrave.com/us/book/9780230003439
- (with Margaret Linley ed). Media and Literature in the Nineteenth Century: Image, Sound, Touch. Burlington, VT: Ashgate, 2011.
- (with Paul Delany, ed.). The Unclassed: The 1884 Text by George Gissing. Victoria: ELS, 2010.
Recent Articles & Book Chapters
- “Marcus’ Sources: Archives, Canons, Texts.” Victorian Studies 59.3 (2017).
- (with Cécile Loyen). “Le mystérieux éditeur clandestin de Guillaume Apollinaire.” Histoires Littéraires 69 (2017).
- “The Making of the Enfer Bibliography: Guillaume Apollinaire, Eroto-Bibliography, and the Enfer Collection.” Cambridge Companion to Erotic Literature. Ed. Bradford Mudge. Cambridge: Cambridge UP, 2017.
- (with Michelle Levy). “The Lakes, the Field, and Beyond: Digital Fieldwork Assignments for Humanities Field Schools.” Special Issue on Lake District Field School Pedagogies. Romantic Circles Pedagogy Commons, May 2017.
- (with Michelle Levy & Abdul Zahir). “Digital Fieldwork.” Digital Pedagogy in the Humanities. MLA Commons. (forthcoming 2018).
- (with Michael Joyce, Sarah Bull, & Cécile Loyen). “Humanities Research Software Design: The Wilde Trials Web App.” Scholarly and Research Communication 7.2 (2016).
- “Oscar Wilde’s Sex Trials in Paris’ Expatriate Press.” Textus 1 (2015). Ed. Silvia Antosa and Joseph Bristow. (Published in 2016).
- “Pornography.” The Encyclopedia of Victorian Literature. Ed. Dino Felluga, Pamela K. Gilbert, and Linda K. Hughes. Hoboken, NJ: Wiley-Blackwell, 2015.
Other Essays, Media, & Editorial Work
- (with Sarah Bull). “Selling Sex in Nineteenth-Century New York.” Museum Placard. Hardcore: A Century and a Half of Obscene Imagery. Museum of Sex, New York, NY. 25 June 2015.
- Editorial work on Archibald Lampman’s letters for Where the Nights Are Twice as Long: Love Letters of Canadian Poets. Ed. Dave Eso and Jeanette Lynes. Fredericton, NB: Goose Lane Editions, 2015. 49-51.
- “Le récit méconnu de la version censurée de The Picture of Dorian Gray à Paris.” Rue des Beaux Arts 41 (2012).
- “The PM’s Pornographer.” Times Literary Supplement 4 Feb. 2011: 15.